"Where are you going?" I heard a voice. My sister called me out. I thought I was caught.
"The usual. You know."
"You're lying to me. You know it." She could see right through it. Figures.
"You're not coming with me. Not today. Not this time."
"Who said I was asking you permission?"
She nodded her head towards my backseat. She'd already been in here. She even had enough time to pack her own things.
"Do you even know where you're going?"
"Right now, it's away from here."
I put the car in reverse and started my drive to the middle of nowhere. I was going to get anywhere and no one was going to stop me. Not even her. I refuse to be stopped. Not at this point and not when I am this far out.
Driving along I-95, I knew for sure someone was behind me. Someone would be begging me to come back home. I looked at my rearview mirror, just to see no one but cars with their headlights on. But none of them were for me. We continued upstate, going nowhere. I was getting drowsy wanting to stop and began a search for a hotel. I needed a shower and sleep. I couldn't continue driving like this. I looked over at my sister who was knocked out. Just as or more tired herself. I wanted to be gone but I shouldn't have let her come with me. She was too young. (She is only 3 years my minor.) She's 18 now, can make her own choices but I would've rather she had came because she wanted to and not because I was leaving her alone.
I only wished sometimes that my decisions weren't for the both of us.
1 comment:
Can't wait to read the next part!!
Post a Comment