Angel
I could dance all night and he won't show a care. He might even appear behind me, trying to catch a couple of dubs. I should tell him tonight that I won't be in New York anymore. I really should tell him of my road trip. It'd be really rude to just leave without saying a word to him. But I won't know if he ever really misses me if I tell him. If I don't tell him, maybe he'll come after me. If I do tell him, he might tell me to go. That's my fear. I don't want him telling me to leave. He'll be telling me to leave him, too.
Ryan walked towards her and stood behind her. He held her close, wanting to feel her ever-so-slightest movements. He followed her to every beat, and when she changed her pace, his did too.
He whispered in her ear, "Will you come home with me tonight?"
Angel didn't answer and kept dancing against him, changing her pace again, grinding more into him with every beat that passed. She didn't want to say "No", but she couldn't say "Yes." Maybe she could let the night unfold and let it answer itself.
The song finished and everyone took a seat. Angel sat back down at her table blushing. Still nursing the drink from earlier, she took a sip and wondered how good would come of it if she did take up on his offer to go. She wanted to. She loved being in his arms but she knew no good would come from it. No good at all. She glanced over to his table of friends, where he was with his girlfriend, all giggly with drunkenness, only Angel would notice his distance and the mask he wore at the moment. There was no telling what he was thinking.
Monica sang it best... "Should I stay or should I go?"
2 comments:
Inteesting. Is than an excerpt from something you wrote?
I loved the dance scene. It was sensual when he leaned down and whispered in his ear.
Stay and cause his girlfriend havoc cause she will know he likes you lol
Post a Comment