I remember a couple of weeks ago, I read on facebook on someone's status which posed the following question:
"If I had to lose one of five senses, which one would it be?" Her answer was touch. Was she nuts?
So the five senses are to hear, to see, to smell, to touch and to taste.
Ive tried thinking which one I'd prefer to not have and so far, Im still unsure.
If I were to lose my sense of hearing, I wouldnt be able to listen to one's voice or understand what is being said to me and then I'd really have to learn how to read lips rather than trying to figure it out. Its bad enough I barely listen to folks as it is, imagine if I really couldnt listen. Id definitely have a reason to carry around a notebook all the time... or a qwerty writing device. The pro about this is i wont have to talk on the phone. Ever.
If I were to lose my sense of sight... Lets just say Ill be depressed. I refuse to not be able to take in the visual beauty that surrounds me. I refuse to not be able to see myself daily. To see my parents. My family. My lover and friends. To see my own future family. COME ON! It just cant happen. I would not choose to lose my sight. Period. But if I randomly did... The one pro is I dont have to correct people's spelling anymore. Yay for me!
If I were to lose my sense of touch, I'd cry. I wouldn't notice when my palms are sweaty. I wouldn't be able to physically feel anything. Like really? I like feeling the texture of all the things we could feel and encounter all day, every day.
Now the senses of smell and taste are kind of hard for me to unbiasedly analyze. I like to taste things. I love food and drinks especially. But if I cant taste things, that means that I could eat anything and everything I could think of. however, I have a strong sense of smell. I can smell the faintest things. And it annoys me to no end. But if I had to live without it, I would be upset. Although, I wont be smelling the hideous things we are subjected to, it also means I wont know when I smell bad or the real downside is not being to smell what smells good! I love smelling good things, I refuse to lose that sense.
As you can see, I need all of my senses but since I have to choose one... I would choose not to have my sense of taste. It would mean I get to eat anything. AND if you have never noticed, when you smell certain things, you taste them also. They are interconnected. Anywho, what will you guys give up?
5 comments:
I would choose TASTE. I wouldn't care what food tasted like, so I would only eat healthy stuff that is very good for me, so would probably NEVER gain weight. I wouldn't crave the junk food I love so much. I wouldn't have to make resolutions every Jan 1. Definitely, TASTE. I don't like food. I eat because I'm hungry...but I have a sweet tooth I desperately wish I didn't have. =)
LMFAO I didnt even think of that aspect. I love you for pointing it out! Now I really am happy with my choice of cutting out my tastebuds! LOL
If it had to be one it would also be taste.I would never offend any one again about their cooking...Thanks for stopping by my blog.x.
Hearing? I think I'd probably give up hearing. But yeah, taste would be best for my waistline.
hmmm probably either taste or hearing. I love listening to music, I love to eat, but if I cannot see I would die
Post a Comment