I dont even remember the last thing I posted on. In the last month, Ive been to Miami and LA. Miami was cool but LA was awesome. Had too much fun to describe in words. Anywho, thats not what this post is about.
I went to my ex for some advice on how to handle a similar situation Im going through now and he pulled a fast one on me.
When we were together, he was still a little boy (older than me in age, younger in mentality). Yesterday, after having our conversation and I was on my way home he texts me asking to be his girlfriend again, I personally dont believe that exes should ever regain their place, no matter how much time has passsed or whatver, Basically exes should remain exes. "What happened between us then shouldnt affect what could happen now." Yeah ok. But I refuse to waste my time with someone who I dont see a future with. Im older now, im a lot more serious now about my relationships. Im done playing around and I just dont feel like wasting my time with someone who I know wont be going any further than the friendship were working on. There are things that I noticed in our conversation that he swore he was right about. A lot of the things that affected me in such a way that now I really dont like when my friends know who Im with. I dont need anyone to get closer to the person I am messing with than they are with me. And thats exactly what happened with him back then. Granted he is still friends with these people while I remain on the "outside" but I like it this way. My ex best friends both have kids, word is they dont even talk to each other like they once did and they both got their own bullshit to worry about, I got my own path that Im walking on and thankfully its without these people. He's in my life and only with a small and minimal role. Hes a cool friend to have but not a boyfriend and I wish he understood that. Sigh.
To think I was the one trying to work things out with him, and it took him dating a kid (she was 15 when he started dating her and he was 20 at the time.) for him to grow up a little. He's grown but he is still growing and I'm way past his level of maturity. I just dont see myself doing it again. I cant and refuse. I forgave him and now hes in the friendzone. How to get him to understand... IDK.
Just had to rant about that. It was aggravating inside.
5 comments:
There is a huge difference between boyfriends and boy friends, in fact I think I have as many boy friends than girl friends! But it is a well known fact that women mature faster than men anyway.
I'm getting a bit distracted from what you were saying....that comes with being so cold!
I'm a Summer baby and hate the cold...lucky you, being in warmer places, hope you had a great time... without exes hanging around!
Im with ya! An ex is just that! An ex! Some people go back and work it out but its best to not go back.
Oh no. I would never go back to an ex (or I should state any of MY exes). It's the past you're done. No matter how much they change or grow up.
Yeah smart move for not going back to him especially if the circumstances for which you two broke up were big or bad or both. Um yeah, as far as getting him to understand, maybe you just have to cut him off so that he got the picture that you can only deal with him up to a certain point. It's situations and times like these that makes people seem cold but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck to you.
I read a blog once from someone who compared going back to exes to rechewing bubble gum. All the flavor's gone out. The fun of getting to know the person and starting fresh is all gone out...and all that's left is reused gum! I don't know what your particular situation is...I know it CAN work but it has to be that some major growth has gone on since the first time...depending on what ended the relationship the first time around. Sometimes our timing is just off.
Post a Comment